Tuesday 13 December 2011

I found love in Italia, twice... their names were Pasta and Risotto :)


Ahhhh Italia! I could say almost every place was my favorite for its own unique reasons, but there was something about Italy that was very special to me. It was a place I have always wanted to visit, and maybe due to my Italian ancestry I felt drawn there. Either way, the experiences I had in Florence, Rome and Venice were completely unforgettable and some of my favorites of the trip. I definitely want to go back again and spend more than a week there.

One night, in Rome, I was speaking with a lady and a man who were working at the "Beergarden" in our campsite (yes, camping in Rome was like no camping I have ever experienced, swim up pool bar, mechanical bull and all!). She was saying how being a native English speaker guaranteed you a good job in Rome right now. She said corporations were hiring lots of Canadians and American to teach English to their employees. That sparked an idea in my head... :)

The architecture, history and FOOD in Italy were absolutely fantastic! Not to mention, the sound of the Italian language had to be the most romantic sound to my ears. Most of the time I had no idea what anyone was saying, but could have listened to it for hours on end. Amy can testify that I tried to speak what little Italian I know as much as possible, whether or not I was making any sense at all, haha.

Ok, again, here are the photos of my Italian adventure:
Enjoy,

-Em :)


It really wasn't that big... :)

Leaning tower of Pisa!
Beautiful view of Florence as the sun was setting.

Basilica Santa Croce, Florence, Italy.

Ponte Vecchio over the Arno River, Florence.


San Lorenzo Market, beautiful handmade leather and gold crafts.

On our way to the leather factory in Florence.

The stage being set up in Piazza Santa Croce for a George Michael concert! haha

Amy with Lydia and Jaclyn, two awesome Aussie girls we met :)

Statue of Perseus with the head of Medusa by Benvenuto Cellini in Piazza della Signoria, Florence.

Fountain of Neptune in Piazza della Signoria in front of the Palazzo Vecchio.
Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II, Rome, Italy.

Bonjourno Fontana di Trevi :)

Toss one coin for a wish, and a second to ensure your return to Rome, we failed: Amy didn't toss anything, I threw one and it hit someone down below... eeeee

The Pantheon, Rome, Italy.
Our own Roman Holiday :)

The building's exteriors were so beautiful. (Viewer warning: lots of doorways and window photos coming up.)
I could get used to watching the sun rise behind the Colosseum :) Beautiful morning in Rome!

Where it all went down.. "Cake, or death??"
Listening to our tour guide, with a very strong Italian accent, in the Coliseum.

Rubble in the Roman Forum.

Spaghetti Napolitano, mmmmm

My delicious seafood risotto at our entertaining lunch date :)




We loved this restaurant, the staff was amazing and the food was exactly what you'd expect in Rome :)

Heading into the St. Peter's Square, Vatican City.

Sunset behind Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute in Venice.
St. Mark's Basilica, Venice, Italy.

St. Mark's Basilica, St. Mark's Square.
Campanile in Piazza San Marco.

Bella :)

Catching some sun in Venice.

Warned you, doorway.

Getting lost in Venice.

Windows.. haha
Grand Canal, Venice

Hello Venice.

Venetian Beggar.


I love Italia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment