Friday 2 December 2011

From London to Paris, the beginning of my journey

The month of September, 2011 consisted of myself, a most amazing friend, my camera, trains, two buses, multiple hostels, hotels, and campground, a broken "suitcase" (people often looked at my luggage with confusion as to what is actually was), 100 new friends and EUROPE!

Back in April, Amy came to me with the proposal of going to Europe and Ireland with her. All I could say was yes and how soon could we go! God love her, she did all of the grunt work, got all of the arrangements taken care of, all I did was show up one day with the $$$ to go. I actually couldn't believe we were going to do this. I have been wanting to go on a "Euro-trip", for what seems like, all of my life. I was actually going! Along side the best friend and travel partner a girl could ask for!

I could talk about every city we visited, every wine we drank, I could tell a bunch of hilarious stories, retell the history of various castles, palaces, cathedrals, war zones, monuments, land marks and art we discovered, but, that would take well over 3 journals (actual fact: I filled 3 large journals and felt like I was being "vague" most of the time haha). Instead, I am going to share my "Euro-trip" via the best way I know, photography, so... enjoy :)

(My wordiness got the best of me, I will provide just a few captions.)

Outside the Westminster Abbey in London, England.

Gorgeous girl on the Westminster Bridge, River Thames, London, England.

Ferry across the English Channel, from Dover, England to Calais, France.

First night in Paris, escargot and Champagne in the Latin Quarter.

Mmmmm when in Paris :)

My sentiments exactly haha

Chapel of Saint-Louis-des-Invalides, Paris, France

Napoleon Bonaparte Statue looking toward the Eiffel Tower.

Eiffel Tower Sparkle, this was magnificent!

Beautiful morning in Paris.

Nothing like a good-morning trot up the Eiffel Tower...

...Our legs begged to differ, who knew there would be so many stairs.

We made it!

Walk along the Seine, off to Le Louvre!

Quick photo opp in Montmartre.

No comments:

Post a Comment