Saturday 22 October 2011

Raw Vegan Gingerbread Cookies

Ok, so, I have to get to a rugby game, like, now haha But I need to quickly share a most delicious recipe first!

I have been searching for this one since I made them this summer. I could remember the gist of how I made these little treats, but I needed the original recipe to make sure all was perfect before I posted. I e-mailed Averie, the mastermind behind Love Veggies and Yoga, to ask her where the recipe went she had posted on her site. She was such a sweetheart to get back to me very promptly. Her site was under a bit of construction, but I just got an e-mail now that it is all up and running and thus, access to the yummiest vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free cookie recipe...


Raw Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
adapted from Love Veggies and Yoga

These treats are perfect for the fall season right now, and into Christmas season as well. Even my very-vegan-scared boyfriend loved them. I made enough for people to try, but between the two of us, they did not last that long. They are so flavorful and packed with nutrients and plenty of Omega-3s and fiber.

Ingredients

1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
1/4 cup of walnuts
1/3 cup of almond meal (or raw almonds that you grind yourself)
2 Tsp cinnamon
2 Tsp Ginger
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp All-spice
3 Tbsp Agave

Blend all ingredients together in a good blender of food-processor. I used a blender, but it was a lot of work and much messier than using a food-processor.

If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more almond meal to make dough workable.

Pre-heat oven for 300 F. Form dough into cookie shapes. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Yield about 16 cookies.

*You can also naturally dehydrate these cookies to be completely raw. Form dough into cookie shapes and place on your counter-top to dehydrate for about 12 hours.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Make some yummy herbal tea, and eat the cookies :)

Mmmmm White Ambrosia by Tea Forte, delish!


I will post pictures to follow the recipe, but I am now really late for the game.

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment